Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Grandma

When I was little she used to invite me and my sisters over for sleepovers. And make us chocolate milkshakes. We would curl up under her big fuzzy blankets in the basement and watch old movies together. She had truly the coolest phone ~ brown and vinyl-like that I thought looked just like a chocolate donut. AND she had the largest collection of Barbie dolls I had ever seen, kept in a playroom underneath the stairs.

Grandma's home was the perfect stop on the way home from the elementary school. We would pop in for cinnamon toast before continuing the walk around the corner. Our homes were separated by a fence that ran along our backyard. Whenever we needed something we could just call up and she would pass whatever we asked for over the fence. For years we said we were just going to build a gate for easier access, but it never did quite happen.

Right after I graduated from high school I moved to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for a summer to work. Grandma and Grandpa made a 3 1/2 hour drive just to deliver a bag of homemade chocolate-chip cookies. They were only there for about 15 minutes before driving back home again. And just a couple of weekends ago she agreed to let me take her picture. Before going inside and thoroughly trouncing me in a game of Rook.

Photobucket


Love you.

2 comments:

The Bish Fam June 16, 2011 at 8:31 AM  

Oh the cinnamon toast stops on the way home from school...gotta love those! Thanks for sharing this sweet picture of Grandma!

JaNae June 19, 2011 at 3:07 PM  

I love your Grandma! She's one super lady and so are her daughters and granddaughters!!! So many precious memories of her.


Searching for Something?

Archive

Button for your blog!

Wishful Thinking Photography

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP